About the Old Girl

She was born in the summer of '69 in Ontario, Canada; titled in '70 in Maine, USA. She shares some traits of both a '69 and a '70.

My uncle is the first owner; after 35 years of pining for it I talked him out of it.

She is mostly stock; what little add-ons are mainly because I haven't found a true stock replacement. These are all interim solutions until she gets a true frame off restoration. Of course I'll document that all here. She's had a face-lift about 2004-05; lots of rust was removed and a big portion of the body replaced. Maine winters can be pretty harsh on steel.

Key bits of info:
- Engine - Buick V-6 225 cubic inch
- Transmission - Dana T-14, 3 speed
- Transfer Case - Spicer T-18
- Front Differential - Dana 27, 3.73 ratio
- Rear Differential - Dana 44, 3.73 ratio
- Wheels - 15 inch
- Winch - front mounted Ramsey MX-2000 PTO (dealer installed)
- Top - Meyer Steel top (dealer installed)
- Color - Omaha Orange

This blog is a record of what we do together and of course what I do to her to keep her in good shape...

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A little bling never hurt any girl


I was looking at my stock photo of the Girl when something said to me, "It's just not right."  I wasn't sure what so I started looking around the web at photos of Jeeps from the 1960's and eventually found some that had hubcaps.

Yea, that's the ticket, hubcaps.

So I searched around and found some on eBay.  Turns out there are many many different "Jeep" hubcaps out there so I had to be patient.

How many?

Doesn't matter, the "right" ones were stock from about 1969, the year she was born.




Looks great!  




Thanks for looking...

Thanks for looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment